Our top priority is to be here for our members during these uncertain and upsetting times. We’ve built one of the strongest unions in the industry — and together, we can withstand any storm.
As a reminder:
- The Union Hall and Training Center is currently closed, but our lines of communication are open and fully operating. Please call or email the Union Hall or your Business Agent for any questions.
- We encourage you to pay your dues online or by using the dues dropbox, which is located at the back corner of the building on Enterprise Street. For instructions on how to make an online payment, visit: https://pipefitters537.org/members/member-portal/dues/
As of today, Boston and Cambridge have issued construction moratoriums. Our contractors are continuing to evaluate projects on a case-by-case basis and determining how to secure all job sites. Some work may also be exempt from these moratoriums or continue with skeleton crews to ensure safety. Please note that MASSPORT jobs, including Seaport parcels owned by MASSPORT and Logan Airport, remain active job sites.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We’ve successfully lobbied the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to waive the one-week waiting period for unemployment assistance. All members who have separated from work due to COVID-19 are immediately available for benefits. Call or email your Business Agent with questions and click here for a step-by-step guide of how to apply.
- We’ve worked with our industry partners to ensure that members who are still on the job, but need to take care of a child or ill family member, are in no way penalized for missing work. Emergency paid sick leave and emergency paid family medical leave has also been passed on the national level.
- With the Greater Boston Labor Council we’ve compiled an online toolkit with health insurance, unemployment, and other resources, which is being updated daily. Visit Pipefitters537.org to review the toolkit.
For the health and safety of yourself and others, please continue to practice social distancing even if you feel healthy. Social distancing continues to be the best way to stop the spread of the virus.
As always, please reach out to the Union Hall or your Business Agent with any questions. We have faced our share of challenges in the past, and overcome them. Though we face some uncertainty in the coming weeks, we will get through this and emerge stronger than ever, as one Union.