Please note that the 2023 application period has closed. Applications were taken from January 3 to January 26. Please check back at a later date for details about the 2024 application period.
For specific questions regarding apprenticeship applications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-825-3777.
What You Need
- An aptitude for math
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in high or confined places
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain good grades and attendance
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the trade
- Reliable transportation
- Previous experience in construction is helpful, but not necessary
- Must apply in person and bring copies of all required documents that are listed below.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age by September 1, 2023.
- Must have a high school diploma OR be a current high school senior.
- Physically capable of performing work of this trade (see below document for details).
- Successfully complete an aptitude test administered by the Committee.
- Refrigeration applicants must provide a current driving record.
- Copies of required Documents must be brought in at the time of application.
Completion Application Form
- High School Diploma or GED (including transcript of grades) High School Seniors must provide an unofficial copy of their current High School transcript.*
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card*
- Valid Driver’s License*
- Doctor’s letter stating applicant is physical capable of performing the work of the trade (see below document for details)*
- Form DD-214 military transfer or discharge forms (if applicable)
- Prior year’s W-2 form (if applicable)
- Refrigeration applicants must provide a current driving record
- $30 Non-Refundable Application Fee. Payments may be made by check or Money Order (No Cash), made payable to LU 537 ETF.
*Social Security Card Note – copy of your Social Security Card is required. If you do not have it, you may go to a Social Security Office and apply for a new card. At that time, they will issue you a letter stating you will receive your new card in two weeks. For your application, you may substitute this letter from the Social Security Office in lieu of your Social Security Card. Your application will not be final until you send us a copy of your Social Security Card. You have 2 weeks to get it to us.
*Doctor’s Letter – If you have had a physical in the last year, doctors will often provide you with a letter stating you can work without restrictions. Health Stops, such as CVS Minute Clinic, provide letters stating you can work without restriction. This requirement will not be waived nor will we allow extensions. Please plan accordingly.
*High School Transcripts will show a graduation date. We do not need an official sealed copy. If you do not have this, please call the office of the High School from which you graduated. Schools may not be working full time, so please plan accordingly. If you have a GED, you should include the completion certificate and the grades. If you are currently in High School, please ask your school to provide you with a current transcript.
*Driver’s License – Temporary license are not accepted. If you are in High School, we will accept a copy of your permit, provided you have your driver’s license completed by April 1, 2023.
- Duties of an Apprentice – information needed for Doctor’s Letter
- Driving Record Application
(HVAC – Refrigeration applicants only. Please note that you can request your Unattested Public Driving Record from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles online via the Mass.gov website.)
Disclaimer: The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The Sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30, as amended and 453 Code of Massachusetts Regulations §7.04(b)(21).
Members of all genders, ethnic groups, and races are strongly encouraged to apply.