NOTE: The 2019 application period has ended. Applications will be accepted starting January 2020.
Applications for apprenticeships are accepted at our 537 Training Center in Dorchester from January 6th to January 30th, Monday through Thursday, from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM. All applicants must apply in person.
What You Need
- An aptitude for math
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in high or confined places
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain good grades and attendance
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the trade
- Reliable transportation
- Previous experience in construction is helpful, but not necessary
- Must apply in person
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be 18 years of age by September 1, 2020
- Must have a high school diploma OR be a current high school senior
- Physically capable of performing work of this trade (see below document for details)
- Successful completion of an aptitude test administered by the Committee
- Refrigerant applicants must provide a current driving record
- Required Documents
Completion Application Form (to be completed in person at 40 Enterprise Street, Dorchester)
- High School Diploma or GED (including transcript of grades)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License
- Form DD-214 military transfer or discharge forms (if applicable)
- Prior year’s W-2 form (if applicable)
- Doctor’s letter stating applicant is physical capable of performing the work of the trade (see below document for details)
- Refrigeration applicants must provide copy of recent driving record.
- $30 Non-Refundable Application Fee (money order/bank check only). Please make checks payable to Local Union 537 Education Trust Fund.
- Application Resources
Applications for apprenticeships are accepted at our 537 Training Center in Dorchester during regular business hours. All applicants must apply in person during the January 2020 dates listed in order to determine your skill level.
- Medical Requirements of 537 Apprentice
- Driving Record Application (HVAC – Refrigeration applicants only)
Disclaimer: The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The Sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30, as amended and 453 Code of Massachusetts Regulations §7.04(b)(21).