- Apply online. State-run call centers and offices are closed or operating with limited staffing. The fastest way is to apply online by following these instructions: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-unemployment-benefits
- Enter “LAYOFF” as your reason for unemployment. Please consult the below powerpoint for a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
- Do NOT enter a “return to work” or “recall” date. Although some public officials have identified plans to re-evaluate suspensions of construction work, this is not a guarantee that work will resume at that time.
For more information about applying for unemployment during this time, please review this powerpoint guide: http://bit.ly/2xLoM1k
It’s important that we all stay informed and exercise best practices regarding public health, so that we ensure the safety of ourselves, our families, and our communities.
As such, in an abundance of caution, we are announcing the following changes due to COVID-19, or coronavirus, concerns:
- Union Hall meetings and events will be suspended until further notice.
- Training Center courses will be suspended starting Monday, March 16th and will resume Monday, April 6th. There will be no access to the Offices or Weld Shop. Initiation, scheduled for Monday, March 23rd, will be postponed to a later date.
- Please call for information requests regarding the Union Hall, Benefits Office, or Training Center at (617) 787-5370. Local 537 staff continue to be available via phone and email to ensure open lines of communication.
- We encourage you to pay your dues online or by phone. For instructions on how to make a payment, visit: https://pipefitters537.org/members/member-portal/dues/.
We are working with our contractors to monitor the situation over the coming days, and will let you know of any economic impact or further updates as needed.
Please also review our common-sense guidelines to reduce your exposure to COVID-19 and prioritize safety and wellbeing every day: http://bit.ly/3aR1mpO
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. We hope you and your families stay safe and healthy, and please know that we are here to help you in any way we can.